I am just grateful that my body is healthy. I want to be on this planet a long time for a long time, so I try to eat things that make me feel good and strong. But also I love food and I love life: Some days having that extra bowl of pasta and a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup means more to me than being thin.
Not only does she play the best detective on tv, but Mariska has a point. Life is too short not to indulge once and a while. And the summer is the perfect time to indulge in as much chocolatey goodness as possible.
My man is a HUGE Reese’s fan. I love peanut butter. Naturally the idea of making my own homemade peanut butter cups came to mind when thinking about a fun summer night treat.
But I have never been someone that LOVES just chocolate and peanut butter by itself so I decided to put a twist on peanut butter cups. I made these copycat Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups 3 different ways!
Making Peanut Butter Cup Tips & Tricks:
- Adding coconut oil to your chocolate and peanut butter helps not only create a shiny melted chocolate look but it also is a much healthier option than butter.
- Make sure to allow all layers to cool/harden in the freezer before moving on to the next step. While it may kill your patience, this step provides your layers the time to fully set so the peanut butter isn’t combining with the chocolate & your graham crackers don’t fall to the bottom of your cups.
Peanut Butter Cup Variety:
This is where the fun came into play for this recipe. You can create a multitude of cups after you make the base layers. These Copycat Reese’s Cups are made in 3 varieties including:
- Regular PB Cups
- Peanut Butter & Jelly
Copycat Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups can be made using only 6 ingredients!
The best part of this dessert is that you can create 3 completely different cups with only 6 ingredients necessary for each cup. As long as you create the “regular base” you can add the other ingredients to create completely different tastes:
- Regular- dark chocolate, coconut oil, peanut butter & honey
- S’Mores- dark chocolate, coconut oil, peanut butter, honey, graham cracker crumbles & marshmallow fluff
- PB&J- dark chocolate, coconut oil, peanut butter, honey & grape jelly
My favorite cup?
Easily the S’Mores! While the regular cup and jelly were delicious, the S’Mores cup tastes like a warm summer night sitting around a campfire in every bite!
Whichever one you decide you like the best & whichever one you choose to make just make sure to enjoy every one of them!
Classic Peanut Butter Cups
S'Mores Peanut Butter Cups
Peanut Butter & Jelly Cups
- 16 oz dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, divided
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup jelly
- 1/4 cup marshmellow fluff
- 2 graham crackers
- muffin tin
- 24 muffin holders
Into a large measuring cup, add 2 cups (16 oz) dark chocolate chips. Next add in 2 tbsp coconut oil.
Microwave chocolate in 30 second intervals until chocolate is melted.
Add muffin holders into muffin tin. Slowly pour in half of the melted chocolate.
Place in freezer for 15 minutes until chocolate has set.
Into a smaller measuring cup, add 1 cup peanut butter (8oz). Add in 1 tbsp coconut oil & 1 tbsp honey.
Microwave peanut butter in 30 second intervals until completely melted and combined.
Remove muffin tin from freezer and divide peanut butter mixture into all 24 cups. Add back to freezer for 5 minutes.
Divide the 3 peanut butter cup options between all 24 cups (8 Regular, 8 S'Mores, & 8 PB&J). **see notes for details
Place back in freezer for 10 minutes until all solid.
Finally, add remaining dark chocolate into all cups. Freeze for 30 minutes until cups are completely set. Serve & enjoy!