I like to do weird things in the shower, like drink my coffee, brush my teeth and drink a smoothie. It’s good time management.
I am all about some multi-tasking.
Normally my multi-tasking involves editing pictures, watching tv & drinking a glass of wine at the same time but whatever works I guess.
This week I have been battling with a sinus infection. Of course this thing decides to creep up on me when I have a thousand things to do at work & can’t afford a day off.
In effort to get over this sucker as quickly as possible, I decided to “multi-task” with my breakfast. I am slamming as many vitamins & antioxidants into my breakfast smoothie as possible.
The fact that this immune boosting berry smoothie is good for you should be a sin! It is packed with three different berries including blueberries for antioxidant, an orange for vitamin C and chia seeds for protein.
[In order to protect your blenders blades, always add your liquids & soft foods first. You want to save your solids, like frozen berries, for last. This allows your blender to process the ingredients better.]
Triple Berry Smoothie Note:
With this immune boosting smoothie you have a few options when it comes to how you add the orange. You can either juice an entire orange, juice half & add half into the blender or add the entire peeled orange into the blender. This option depends completely on what effort you want to make with the recipe. I blended the entire orange & it tasted delicious!
Look at that triple berry goodness!
Things I figured out making this immune boosting triple berry smoothie:
- I need to start drinking more smoothies for breakfast. They are fast, delicious & completely fill you up.
- Almond milk is the perfect option to give your smoothie a creamy texture.
- After 2 days of drinking this for breakfast, I am starting to feel better!
- This is a GREAT option to hide “good for you” ingredients into a healthy smoothie for your kids!
- Last but not least, this smoothie would transfer perfectly into a ice pop/popsicle!
Whether you drink this triple berry smoothie as an afternoon snack, for a post workout drink or as a cold buster (like I am) you won’t be disappointed!
- 1 cup strawberries, frozen
- 1/2 cup blueberries, frozen
- 1/2 cup raspberries, frozen
- 1/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened vanilla
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 orange, quartered
Freeze strawberries, blueberries and raspberries overnight in refrigerator.
Add all ingredients into blender. Blend at medium speed until well combined & a smooth consistency.
Pour smoothie into glass, garnish with strawberry, serve & enjoy!
For the orange, you have the option to either:
- Peel entire orange, quarter it and add to blender
- Cut orange in half, juice 1/2 of orange & peel other half for blender
Either option will give you the same amount of flavor!